Village Seeking Water Operator
The Village of Mechanicsburg is seeking a Water Operator with a Class I Water license and a Wastewater Operator with a Class II Wastewater license. The successful candidate(s) will be in charge of the plants and work with the existing staff to operate and maintain the facilities. Position can be full time for an Operator with both W/WW license – 40 hours per week. This would be a salaried position. If Operators were hired separately this could be part time hourly position. Emergency work, weekend work and evening work will be required. Rate of pay is competitive but dependent on experience and certifications. Mechanicsburg is an EOE.
Along with existing staff, Operator will perform the day to day operation and maintenance of the plant and ensure compliance with all effluent limits. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Performing and assisting daily, monthly and quarterly sampling, testing and some lab analysis, as required by permit.
• Performing and assisting with the daily plant operation of all water/wastewater treatment plant facilities.
• Working as needed with the collection system.
• Perform troubleshooting, maintenance and/or repair of system components.
• Works with other Village personnel in completing assigned work and projects.
• High school diploma or GED;
• 3-5 years’ experience
• Ability to read and perform mathematical calculations;
• Ability to follow verbal and written instruction;
• possess and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license;
• possess an OEPA Class I Water license and OEPA Class II Wastewater license;
• be physically capable of performing duties as assigned and able to endure weather extremes, unsanitary conditions and strenuous situations;
• possess strong communications skills in dealing with the public, customers, coworkers and supervisors;
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
Leave a Reply.
News & Announcements
Keep up with news and announcements all year-round from the Village of Mechanicsburg, Ohio