Topic: Village of Mechanicsburg Regular Council Meeting
Time: Oct 5, 2020 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 987 2340 0629
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,98723400629#,,,,,,0#,,881022# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,98723400629#,,,,,,0#,,881022# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 987 2340 0629
There will be a Zoning Board of Appeals meeting on September 23, 2020 at 6:00pm at the Municipal building, 18 N Main St. This meeting is to discuss a variance on a setback distance and maximum lot occupancy for a storage shed at 25 School St.
The Mechanicsburg September 21, 2020 Council Meeting on Monday at 6:30pm will be on Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 937 631 0228
The Village of Mechanicsburg is seeking a Water Operator with a Class I Water license and a Wastewater Operator with a Class II Wastewater license. The successful candidate(s) will be in charge of the plants and work with the existing staff to operate and maintain the facilities. Position can be full time for an Operator with both W/WW license – 40 hours per week. This would be a salaried position. If Operators were hired separately this could be part time hourly position. Emergency work, weekend work and evening work will be required. Rate of pay is competitive but dependent on experience and certifications. Mechanicsburg is an EOE.
Along with existing staff, Operator will perform the day to day operation and maintenance of the plant and ensure compliance with all effluent limits. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Performing and assisting daily, monthly and quarterly sampling, testing and some lab analysis, as required by permit.
• Performing and assisting with the daily plant operation of all water/wastewater treatment plant facilities.
• Working as needed with the collection system.
• Perform troubleshooting, maintenance and/or repair of system components.
• Works with other Village personnel in completing assigned work and projects.
• High school diploma or GED;
• 3-5 years’ experience
• Ability to read and perform mathematical calculations;
• Ability to follow verbal and written instruction;
• possess and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license;
• possess an OEPA Class I Water license and OEPA Class II Wastewater license;
• be physically capable of performing duties as assigned and able to endure weather extremes, unsanitary conditions and strenuous situations;
• possess strong communications skills in dealing with the public, customers, coworkers and supervisors;
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
The Village of Mechanicsburg is accepting applications for a Part time as needed Heavy Equipment Operator position. Must have three (3) years of experience in construction and maintenance work. A valid commercial driver’s license with appropriate endorsements is desired. Candidate must have experience operating a backhoe in and around tight areas, including existing utilities. Pay range is wage $30.00 to $35.00 per hour. A complete job description and application for employment are available at the Mechanicsburg Municipal Building, 18 N Main St Mechanicsburg OH. Mechanicsburg is an EOE.
The Village of Mechanicsburg is seeking 3 candidates to fill vacated positions for the Board of Zoning Appeals. The Board of Zoning Appeals authorizes variances, conditional uses and decides appeals. The Board only meets when there is an issue to be resolved. You must reside in the Village to sit on this Board. Please submit resumes and a brief description of your interest in these open positions to the Municipal Building at 18 N Main St.
The Village of Mechanicsburg is accepting applications for a full time Maintenance position for the Street Department. Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license; be able to perform a variety of skilled, semi-skilled, unskilled and manual labor tasks to maintain village facilities, streets, curbs, gutters, waterlines, catch basins, sewers, etc.; operates heavy equipment, hand and light power tools to perform construction, maintenance, and repair activities; performs repairs and adjustments on equipment operated. Pay range is Minimum wage to $18.00 per hour. A complete job description and application for employment are available at the Mechanicsburg Municipal Building, 18 N Main St Mechanicsburg OH. Applications will be accepted until 5pm September 18, 2020. Mechanicsburg is an EOE.
News & Announcements
Keep up with news and announcements all year-round from the Village of Mechanicsburg, Ohio